EWN&S supplies and distributes a wide variety of Industrial and Speciality gases, Welding equipment and Machinery, Safety equipment and PPE, and LPG to the Southern African region.
Founded by Mike Glutz in 1976, the company has enjoyed consistent growth, establishing itself as an industry leader within the industrial and commercial markets.
In 1996 Mike was joined by his son Alan, it was at this point that the company extended its footprint within the Gauteng region and acquired its second company within the group. EWN&S acquired BEW Engineering Supplies (Later to be named EWN&S Springs) and as such acquired a majority gas, Welding and PPE market share within the region.
In 2011, after Mike’s decision to retire and remain on board as a consultant only, Alan was joined by former Air Products employee, Gavin Bryson. Alan and Gavin purchased the company from Mike and together reaffirmed their commitment to servicing their customers within the Southern Africa region.
In 2012, EWN&S acquired the third company within the group, namely Seibod Gas & Welding. This acquisition would see their growth carrying across the provisional borders into the Free State primarily servicing the Sasolburg / Vereeniging & Vanderbijlpark regions.
In 2015, and in line with the consist growth, EWN&S started the fourth company within the group, namely AKG Gas & Welding (Later to be named EWN&S Germiston). The venture would introduce a third business partner, Nomqibelo Letta Dubazana, the latter having a 51% ownership share within the company and acquiring a Level 2 BEE status.
With over 40 years of growth and experience, EWN&S is proudly one of the largest independently owned gas and welding supply companies in the Southern African region.
To be the preferred supplier of all Industrial Gases, Welding equipment and Machinery, Safety equipment, PPE and LPG to the Southern African region by:
- Setting industry benchmarks in safety performance and standards in every aspect of our business
- Providing differentiated quality customer service through increased operational efficiency and reliability
- Adding value to our customers by providing innovative solutions
- Developing and empowering our employees by providing challenging and rewarding opportunities
- Continuing to meet our social and empowerment commitments by being a responsible corporate citizen
- Living the EWN&S values and conducting our business according to the highest ethical standard